Saturday, December 5, 2009

Wimberley, Texas

This small community is mostly pet-friendly. I have taken Seymour into many of the shops - carrying him - without a problem. I always ask before going into each store the first time, just to be sure pets are allowed. I found one store that agreed to let me bring him in, but I could see that they weren't quite comfortable with it. I was lucky that Seymour was quiet and well-behaved in my arms as I browsed and I did make a small purchase. Hopefully, we helped them to be more open to pets. As a tip, when Seymour is dressed in a sweater or cute shirt, he seems to be more accepted in the stores. I'm not sure if it's because he looks more human or just looks cute - either works for me!



Continuing our shopping, we found an area called Garden Gate Shops just in back of the main Square of stores. This is currently made up of Legacy Hatters, Country Classics and Bent Tree Gallery. All of the shops there welcome pets but the Gallery stands out as the most pet-friendly. There was no problem walking my dog into the shop - on his leash - as I check out all of the local artist's works. On the porch of the Tea Room, which includes a coffee shop and more art, Seymour will always find a bowl full of water. It's the little things that stand out and that water bowl was so unexpected and thoughtful, I knew I would shop there often. Seymour just finished drinking and was ready to shop when I tool the picture!





When you get hungry, both restaurants on the Square have outdoor patios where they allow pets. Wimberley Cafe is on the Square and Inoz' is across the street. Sitting in a restaurant (even if it is outside) is a nice change from having to get a take-out meal or drive through a fast-food restaurant because you have a pet.

If you want to give your dog a break from shopping to enjoy some sniffing of nature, there is a small park and walking trail along the water just a few shops north of Inoz'. It's one of Seymours' favorite places to just be a dog.

Overall, Seymour and I have enjoyed our shopping trips in Wimberley.

No comments:

Post a Comment