Thursday, June 17, 2010

Opal Divines


While shopping in Austin a few days ago, I decided to stop for lunch and had Seymour with me. My first thought was Opal Divine's. They have a sign at the entrance allowing people with "four legged" friends to enter through the patio. It was exceptionally hot already but they had large fans and misters covering the patio so it was comfortable.

As soon as I sat down, they brought my menu and an extra large bowl of water with ice cubes for Seymour. If the bowl had been empty, Seymour could have used it to take a nap. If you notice from the picture below, I happened to have a Christmas towel with me - in June!



Of course I ordered something we could share - a really good turkey Reuben with real sliced turkey, and something I didn't share, their excellent french fries. To me, their french fries are one of the two best in Austin. The others are at Hyde Park Bar and Grill, but I'm not sure Hyde Park is pet friendly - I'll have to check.

Seymour is not an "ice cube" dog but since it was so hot, the ice melted quickly and he enjoyed periodic drinks between his bites of turkey. It was a relaxing lunch for both of us.

If you are ever in Austin, Texas with your dog, stop in at Opal's - and try the fries!

No comments:

Post a Comment