Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hot Springs Arkansas

I have fallen in love with this place and with the National Park. This is out second night here in the park. At Hot Springs National Park, you just drive in, find a spot and go to their automated machine to pay. Their are spaces with electric and water and spaces with no electric. If you have a National Park Pass or Senior Pass you only pay 1/2 price for the spots. The discounted rate is $5.00 for the non-electric spots and $12.00 for the ones with hook-ups. Although I could use battery power for my lights and fan, it was too warm here to not use the A/C so I got the space with the hook ups. Many people have dogs here and there are great hiking trails. They have restrooms but no showers. There is also a creek running on one side of the campground but those spots either have no hook ups or the ones that do are already taken. The only other problem here is the the campground is right beside a busy park road but I got used to the noises. Overall, it's a great place to camp.

The town of Hot Springs is about 5 miles away and we spent about 4 hours there. I took Seymour into many of the shops and found that he was allowed to go with me on the Duck Tour. That's a vehicle that goes on land and in the water. It was only $18 for a 1 hour and 15 minute tour. Well worth it. There is also a place in the center of town where you can fill water jugs with hot spring water. It is cooled a little but it's still very warm. It would have been great to have bathed in it but I think I might have drawn a crowd. Seymour again opened doors of conversation that would probably not have happened, otherwise. I love traveling with him - except for his occasional gas problem :)

I will definitely come back and feel very comfortable bringing Seymour.

No comments:

Post a Comment