Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pet Carrier for our Airplane Trip

After much research, I found the SturdiBag Flexible Height Pet Carrier. I got size large which is the biggest size I could get for it to fit under the seat. It is 18" x 12" x 12" tall and is for dogs up to 25 pounds. My 2 dogs together weigh just over 12 pounds.



It comes with 2 rods that have to be inserted into the inside top of the carrier so that when you squish the carrier under the seat, it doesn't totally collapse. Those buggers weren't easy to insert! I thought I was going to break them as I bent them to fit, but I finally got them in. I sure hope I don't have to take them out for a long time. Below are the parts it comes with - carrier, hard foam core, a pad, the 2 rods and a tether. So far the dogs haven't been too thrilled being in this carrier and we have less than 2 days before we leave. I am thinking that the foam core might be the problem. I am going to see if I can remove it and possibly put 2 pads and a pee pad in the bottom, instead. We'll try that tomorrow.





If I can't get them both inside the carrier where they won't look like 2 sausages, one will unfortunately have to stay home. I am hoping for the best.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. This is great! i have always wanted to know where all the yummy Vegan places were and now i can easily eat out at these place or order in! thanks so much!
    cures for back spasms

    ReplyDelete