Monday, August 22, 2011

Cutting Expenses for the Next Three Months For Italy Trip

There are many things to think about when you are going to be away from home for an extended period of time. There is no use paying for services you won't be using - and that money can better be used for our trip. I am finding that I will save over $600 by just doing the following things:
1. Cell Phone - I am putting my cell phone plan on hold since I won't be bringing my phone with me. There is a fee for them to "Hold" your phone number, but it is minimal - around $12/month.
2. Cable, Internet and Home Phone service - These are also being put on hold for about $20-$25/month - again to "Hold" my phone number.
3. Trash Pick-up - We pay quarterly for this service, so I cancelled it and will probably go with a less expensive company when we come back.
4. Newspaper - I could have put this on hold but I only had one month left on the current subscription so I decided to have it forwarded to a friend. I will decided if I want to re-start the subscription when I come back.

The money saved will come in handy in Italy. Seymour and I will both be able to put it to good use - like being able to purchase gourmet Italian dog food, tee shirts for the both of us - and maybe even traveling first class on the train a time or two.

Tomorrow Seymour goes for his last vet visit and we will pick up his completed health records. I will make a copy of them and then take the originals to the USDA on Wednesday for certification.

Anticipation . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment