Friday, August 12, 2011

Double Check Required Health Records for Seymour

Well, I looked over the paperwork needed to get Seymour into Italy and it looks like the USDA might be right - I don't think he needs the titer test. Next week I will take him to the vet - one more time - to have his last minute examination to check that he has no fleas, parasites or ticks. The Vet should then sign the EU form 998 and I plan to drive to the USDA office to drop it off for signature. I also have to bring a stamped, self-addressed envelope and a check for $36.00 with me.

Hopefully, the form will be mailed back to me within a few days and I should then have everything I need to get Seymour on to the plane and into Italy. We will have:
1. The signed EU 998 form;
2. Proof of his new European microchip. He has a metal tag he will wear on his color with the chip number on it; and
3. The Veterinary Certificate for Domestic & International Airline Travel Certificate.

I understand that the EU 998 form is good for 4 months, so we should be able to get back into the country with it.

I plan on making a copy of each form to take with me, and to leave a copy of each form at home for family to access, if needed.

Time is flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment