Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Apartment in Napoli, Italy

This is very small compared to my apartment in Matera but it works fine. As I said yesterday, it is pretty safe since I have 5 different keys for it. Of course one key is to turn on the electricity. To the left side, under the TV is the little kitchen. It is one of those compact things that can close up. The pillows on the bed are not bad. There is some softness to them and the bed cover feels like it is down. Quite nice:



This is from the other side of the room and you can see the kitchen a little better. It has a 2 burner electric stove (how I miss the gas I've had for the last 3 months - that doesn't sound right, does it?)



Speaking of "gas", here is the bathroom. Nice and clean, but no bidet. BTW, I tried using one twice. I probably need a lesson!




Here is my little balcony. The balcony glass door has those shades that are built into the window that close between 2 panes of glass. The only problem - and it seems to be everywhere in Italy - is that it is noisy. I am on a busy street near the wharf. You can see the bay just past the parking lot. And you can see my little clothes drying rack to the right of the picture. There is no washer but it is nice to be able to dry clothes outside - and out of site.





A view from my balcony - notice the traffic:



One more view from the balcony. The castle is just a block away to the right of this picture. I noticed that they digging out around this castle and it looks like there is an underground city there. I will post a picture when I can get a good view of it. There is a whole underground part of Napoli that I could tour - and will if I get a chance.



There is a tram right across the street and I think it will take me to the train station. That would be very convenient. I need to go to the train station to be able to go to Pompeii and to get to Rome next week.

That's it for tonight.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. ... speaking of gas... funny. I love the looks of your place. I really like little/efficient layouts.

    Thanks for the pics.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete