Sunday, September 21, 2014

Almost Home

When I got up yesterday, I decided to head for home. I called Mary, whom I stayed with my first night on the road, to see if I could stay there again either last night or tonight, depending on how far I drove. She agreed that either night would be fine. So we headed out.

I saw a little Farmer's Market outside of Hope, Arkansas and we stopped.



There were only about 4 tables of products there, and none were fruits or vegetables. They were all home made items. I talked to people in each booth and they were very friendly. I don't think they were used to out of town visitors stopping in. I bought a couple of things and they admired Seymour and Zooey, so we were all happy.



I saw that I was 422 miles from Mary and Rick's and texted her that we would be there last night. I liked that my GPS took me through the small towns of East Texas instead of through Dallas or Houston. We passed Lake Palestine which was so big, it looked like the Gulf and not a lake. I would like to go back and stay there one day. It had a few RV Parks on the lake. We finally got to our destination and all the dogs were happy to socialize while the grown ups headed to Taco Cabana for some Mexican food and margaritas. This morning, I will leave for home.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Bastrop, Texas

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting us again! We always enjoy your company and of course Seymour and Zooey! Even the cat Robie doesn't mind a few more dogs. Love you guys. Mary

    ReplyDelete