Wednesday, September 17, 2014

We Made It!

After nine hours of driving we finally pulled into the State Park just before 6 PM.

The office was closed but they had my name and my site number on the bulletin board. When I found my site, it was the most perfect one in the campground. I am next to the trail to the Welcome Center and the diamond mining area. I am across from the restrooms, laundry and trash bins. And there is Wi-Fi in front of the restroom area. Tomorrow I will take pictures and write a better blog. Tonight I am just using my cell phone.
I talked to some people who have been here before. They have never found a diamond. They say it is backbreaking work. I don't think I will mine very long tomorrow, maybe a few hours.
I am very excited to be here. More tomorrow.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Crater of Diamonds State Park

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you're there and safe! Good luck finding a diamond. Be careful though, you don't want to end up with a miner injury. ;)
    Love,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you have beginners luck! mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mary. So far, no beginners luck!

    ReplyDelete