Saturday, September 6, 2014

Saturday outside of Atlanta

This blog will have no pictures since I have to write it on my iPhone. There is no Wi-Fi here.

It was a day of driving through Alabama and finally Georgia. Driving through Atlanta was very difficult. I can't imagine doing it on a weekday. I wouldn't mind visiting Atlanta because it has the Jimmy Carter presidential library, underground Atlanta, the Atlanta zoo and a beautiful downtown area. But, it is no place to drive a camper or for that matter to drive at all. if they have good public transportation I would think of flying here and staying downtown. There were seven lanes going in one direction through Atlanta and if I hadn't had my GPS I would have never found my way around. But, I also have no sense of direction. I also have never seen so many University flags on peoples cars as I have seen here.

I didn't realize the time changed, so when I was ready to stop it was already past closing time for the state parks.

I drove to Fort Yargo State Park hoping for a place to stay. Luckily, there were two openings. It's a beautiful park and I will take pictures. I don't know the cost yet because I will need to sign in when I leave tomorrow.

Tomorrow I should finally make it to Asheville North Carolina. I hear it's a place where old hippies retire. It should be interesting and I might fit in.

I finally checked gas mileage and I got about 15.4 miles per gallon. Quite a difference from my Prius :)



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Fort Yargo State Park

No comments:

Post a Comment