Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Next Stop - Bologna

I have my place booked for next week. Starting Saturday, I will be staying outside of Bologna at a woman's home. Her name is Cecilia. She owns a children's book store and seems very nice. I found her on www.airbnb.com. We have been emailing and she said she can pick me up at the train station if it is between 1 and 4 pm - when it seems that all stores in Italy close! Her mother lives upstairs from her so she can let me in, if needed. I am looking forward to a new experience, but will miss Montepulciano and some of the people here. I have even started to partially enjoy the loud people below my bedroom window because I try to understand something of what they are saying.

I will be staying with Cecilia for 7 days and will do day trips to surrounding towns. She lives about 20 minutes from Bologna. To get to her house on Saturday, I will take a bus to Chuisi, then a train to Balogna, then another train to her town, which I can't remember the name of at this time.

I still have things to say about Montepulciano and more pictures to share - either tonight or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment