Saturday, September 17, 2011

Yipee! Ipad is Working on 3g

After paying for 2 months of 3g on the Italian network Vadafone, I could not connect. This morning I walked back to the Vadafone store - which is further downhill than the supermarket - which means a further walk uphill to my casa. When I got there he asked if I had the phone number he gave me yesterday so he could call Vadafone. After minutes of digging through my purse I realized that I didn't have it with me. So, I had to walk back up the hill to get it from my room and then back down the hill. I also had a time schedule because he (and other shops) close from 1 till 4 pm. I got back to his shop at 12:30 and there were 3 people in front of me.

Now, people don't move fast here - except while driving - so I knew I was cutting it close. Finally it was my turn and he used 2 phones to call Vodafone - not sure why - but after lots of talking, clicking on his computer and on my computer - it is working!!! How nice it is to be on the computer in my room instead of always sitting on a step somewhere. I don't even want to think what my butt has been sitting in! I will still go to piazza grande just to save some data download costs and will use the school wifi, but it will be great to be in my room to make phone calls and look for places to stay for the next phase of this trip.

I am sorry that the cell phone I bought - and paid for an Italian SIM card won't work, but if I have internet at least I can email people. Lots of lessons learned on this trip already.

2 comments:

  1. YAAAAYYY!! We can finally Skype!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost the address you gave me and finally found it this morning(it seems the more I try to clean my desk off the worse it gets), just spent the morning catching up. Sounds like you are having a great time. Carol

    ReplyDelete